Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Info Post
A reader sent me this image, so I am not sure it was sent to "We are Part of the 99%" Tumblr blog. I think it's safe to assume it was, so that's why I am linking to them again. They have done an outstanding job of offering people a place to share, on a very personal level, what it's like to be part of the 99%. The images have made me cry several times today, as did Barbara Ehrenreich's article in The Progressive.

This is an outstanding testament:


I have spoken to countless professors about my work as a warrior for the indentured educated class. Many of them are my friends, and they are outraged by what's happening to the cost of college. This professor is dead right, and he is not alone in thinking this about higher ed, i.e., how higher education used to be considered a PUBLIC GOOD. We need to get back to that. That's why I support #OccupyWallStreet and #OccupyTogether.

0 comments:

Post a Comment